No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003
Community Council Meeting Minutes 2008
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8th JANUARY 2008
Robert Scarsbrook (Chair), Linda Smith (Vice Chair), Andrew Wilson (Secretary), Douglas Paxton (Minutes), Christine Scarsbrook, Bill David, Norma David, Jackie Mackenzie, Grace Weir, Nick Walker.
Andy Summers, Councillor John Caldwell, Councillor Iain McMillan.
Councillor Tracie McGee, Councillor John Hood, Margie Stewart.
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Approval of the minutes of the meeting of 11 December 2007 were proposed by Grace Weir and seconded by Norma David.
There being no police presence the report was deferred to the next meeting.
INPUT FROM ANDY SUMMERS
- Andy agreed to attend future meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Will look to have the hedge on the main road close to the station cut back.
- Difficulty with getting access to water pumping station at the back of Mayfield Crescent due to overgrowth and this will be addressed.
- Triangle fencing – hope to have repaired by the end of January.
- Grass cutting in particular at the triangle – Andy to look into.
- Village daily sweeping will continue.
- Lighting of the centre of the triangle – Andy will look into using existing lighting poles for this.
- George Street bins – issue now with Andy.
- Park proposals – Renfrewshire Council are happy to support any proposals. Match funding could be possible. Possibility of upgrading Pavilion, paths and the inclusion of a MUGA. Andy agreed to assist with looking at what could be accommodated on the site, including a MUGA. Football field will remain. Survey to be included in the next newsletter as to what is being looked for. Council happy to host a workshop to include as many groups as possible.
- Recycling bins – lessons learned regarding confusion caused over Christmas break.
- Councillor McGee is looking into the possibility of a pavement between the Station and the lay-by.
- SRANI Walk – new route round the Temple to the cycle track.
- Village clean up – 29/30th of March, 13:00 both days, meet at village hall car park.
- Garden competition – HWW to organise with the CC to underwrite the cost of any prizes. RC will assist where appropriate. Approval given to grant up to £50 towards prizes.
- Storage – now becoming urgent, need by end of March. Council cannot help. Potential short term storage within the ex doctors surgery in the village hall – agreed to speak to Margaret before speaking to the Town Hall. Councillors were ok with this, they currently use the room as a surgery. Costs to be sought for the purchase of a garage.
- 9th February starting at 6.30 with food being served at 7.15. Dancing pre meal with Fiddle band to follow. Councillors, Minister and Priest to be invited to attend.
- Norma David will look after prizes – anything available to her asap.
- Meeting at hall on the day at 11:00 to organise decoration.
- Friday evening for potato and neep preparation 8:00pm à
- Grace Weir to organise gateau, plates and cutlery.
- Stats for last quarter show an average of 9.3k hits per month slightly down on last year.
- Site being re formatted – new front page issued.
- Newsletter due to be sent out mid March – village clean up, fete and garden Competition to be advertised.
- HWW Walk 5th January – 5 (including 1 new resident to the village) completed a walk to the Temple despite poor weather conditions.
No issues of note.
- Gas compound – area now flattened.
- Budgets will be announced mid February.
- Issues with village regarding state of council houses – national targets to be reached by 2015 – this will be challenging.
- Polling station – Ratified December.
- Wind farm – update from action group with AW.
- Decentralisation – agreed to submit as drafted. AW/NW to attend CC Forum on 21 January.
- Tobacco sale licencing – details to be sent out to all for feedback.
- Fete duties as last year.
- GW, LS
- Flyers & Advertising
- B & ND
- BD & RC
- Attractions + Bar
- J. McK & NW
- R & CS
- AW & MS
- Agreed to fund up to £350 for attractions and £100 for top prize in raffle.
- For future reference all asked to keep a note of the time spent on pre fete works.
- All to help on the day.
- DPA still subject to debate and agreed to wait for guidance from Renfrewshire Council.
- Energy Efficiency advice centre – Meeting to be held Tuesday 15th January at 20:00 in the School Hall.
- Use of Church Hall – agreed to donate £20 to the Church.
Tuesday 12 February 2008 at 7.30 pm, Village Hall (Scott Allan, RC, in attendance).
Thereafter, second Tuesday monthly –11 March 2008, 8 April, 13th May etc.
Aircraft Noise Telephone line:0141 848 4644 (answer machine)
Antisocial Behaviour Help Line:0800 169 1283
Dog Warden, Michelle Knox:0141 840 3164
Glasgow Wind Band, R & C Scarsbrook:01505 704083 email@example.com
Fly Tipping:0845 230 4090
Renfrewshire Council:0141 842 5000 www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
R.C. Roads email address:
Roads & Lighting Faults:0141 842 4466 (M-F), 0141 889 2314
Scottish Water Contact:0141 355 5187
Secretary, Andrew Wilson:01505 702392 firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Web Site:
Youth Nuisance Help Line:01505 325030
- Howwood Walking Map July 2014
- Walking Guide July 2014 Image 1 Image 2
- Howwood Newsletter June 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - February 2014 Update From RT Hon Douglas Alexander MP
- Digital Scotland Sfast Broadband
- Howwood Wildlife and Woodlands Walks 2014/15
- Howwood Village Needs your Support Feb 2014
- Howwood War Memorial Feb 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - HCC Update
- Howwood Community Resilience Plan Registration Form Jan 2013
- Semple Trail
- Information On Elderly People
- Contact The Elderly Application Form
- SRANI 2010
- Howwood Route Guide
- The Howwood Village Survey Results