News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2008

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8 APRIL 2008

PRESENT

Linda Smith (Vice Chair), Douglas Paxton (Minutes), Margie Stewart, Jackie Mackenzie, Bill David, Norma David, Grace Weir.

IN ATTENDANCE

PC Andrew MacLeman, Scott Allan, Ian McTaggart, Councillors John Caldwell and Tracie McGee.

APOLOGIES

Andrew Wilson (Secretary), Nick Walker, Robert Scarsbrook (Chair), Christine Scarsbrook, David McKie, Councillors Iain McMillan and John Hood.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

As it had only just come to light that the minutes had not been circulated by Renfrewshire Council a copy was circulated to the meeting and time given for consideration. The minutes were approved for adoption by Bill David and seconded by Linda Smith. Douglas Paxton agreed to email the council to ensure that minutes were sent out to all.

POLICE REPORT
  • The report for December was not available and agreement to carry forward however it was reported that there was nothing significant recorded.
  • For January there were 5 reports.
    • One of Copper stolen
    • One drink related
    • One act of vandalism
    • One theft of copper
    • One major drugs/recovery and reported in the press.
  • It was again reinforced that anything suspicious should be reported to the police.
MATTERS ARISING
  • Storage, issue now resolved with an area now being made available with the Village Hall. Bill David will be looking for help shortly to tidy up the equipment prior to transferring to the Hall.
  • Scottish Evening - Costs so far of 538.35. Entertainers were very pleased to be treated as part of the audience and would be delighted to participate in the future. 19 prizes left over for the fete. Agreed to have a pre meeting in future to sort out timings etc. Donation from Trish Godman was to be reserved for the fete. Consideration to be given for numbers to be put on prizes and for tickets to be given out during the evening with prizes collected at the end of the night. Thanks given to the Councillors for their attendance on the night. Excellent feedback received from those attending.
  • Tobacco Sales - Nick Walker has responded on behalf of the Community Council.
  • Data Protection - awaiting update following on from planned meeting between the Data Commissioner and the Scottish Government.
  • Energy Efficiency - Good feedback from those attending however attendance was poor.
SCOTT ALLAN
  • Speedwatch - 6 units are due to be received in March. HCC is a priority and a visit from the Road Safety team and training will be organised. Scott Allan will bring the equipment to his next visit.
  • Traffic orders - Kilknowe Cottages and outside new village shop. There have been delays in getting these out and an update will be given at his next meeting.
  • Bowfield Road/Hill Road – speed table being proposed however there is still a funding issue. There will however still be a sight line issue.
  • Main Road past the church - this has now been attended to. There was a can in the drain.
  • Crossing near village shop - this is a possibility however a survey would be required but it was noted that this is likely to show lower figures than necessary to justify a crossing.
  • Letter from Douglas Alexander - double yellow lines outside Railway Inn. Further checking to be done in particular the sight line. It was thought that the lines would be on the Dreadnought side of the road.
  • Parking around the triangle - as this only pushes the problem elsewhere a smaller group to look into the issue is to be organised. This will also address the previous point.
  • Flooding at bottom of Bowfield Road - notice has now been served on the landowner.
  • Pavement from Station to layby - this issue will require a traffic management project first.
  • Renfrew Town Centre - works will be completed by the end of May.
  • Road Head Roundabout - running late but convoy traffic still planned for a total of two weeks but will be publicised by the contractor in advance.
  • Recent death on A737. This is a Scottish Government road and report is now with them. It was reported that road markings were poor.
  • Flooding outside ‘Freds’ shop to be carried forward.
  • Belltrees Road - in a poor state and vehicles speeding.
  • Scott to attend meeting on 13th May.
PLANNING
  • Licencing application - email has been sent to the Scottish NHS stating no objections by Community
  • Council for a pharmacy.
  • Alcohol licence application for new village shop supported. The main reason being the ability to purchases alcohol in the evenings.

COUNCILLORS ISSUES
  • Letters due to go out to the Residents of George Street. Linda Smith to check out if bins are being collected.
  • Thursday 14th is the budget day for Renfrewshire Council.
  • Possibility of grants to assist in the lighting of the triangle.
CORRESPONDENCE
  • Local Healthcare Bill - comments back to Nick Walker by 7th March.
  • NHS GGC Website focus group - looking for volunteers.
NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 11 March 2008 at 7.30 pm, Village Hall.

Thereafter, second Tuesday monthly - 8 April, 13th May, 10 June etc

Contact Details
  • Aircraft Noise Telephone line
    :
    0141 848 4644 (answer machine)
  • Antisocial Behaviour Help Line
    :
    0800 169 1283
  • Dog Warden, Michelle Knox
    :
    0141 840 3164
  • Glasgow Wind Band, R & C Scarsbrook
    :
    01505 704083 [email protected]
  • Fly Tipping
    :
    0845 230 4090
  • Minicoach Tours
    :
  • Police
    :
    01505 404000
  • Renfrewshire Council
    :
  • R.C. Roads email address
    :
  • Roads & Lighting Faults
    :
    0141 842 4466 (M-F), 0141 889 2314
  • Scottish Water Contact
    :
    0141 355 5187
  • Secretary, Andrew Wilson
    :
    01505 702392 [email protected]
  • Village Web Site
    :
  • Youth Nuisance Help Line
    :
    01505 325030

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2008