News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2007

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2007

PRESENT

Robert Scarsbrook (Chair), Linda Smith (Vice Chair), Andrew Wilson (Secretary), Douglas Paxton (Minutes), Christine Scarsbrook, Bill David, Norma David, Jackie Mackenzie, Margie Stewart, Grace Weir, Nick Walker.

IN ATTENDANCE

Mike Smith, Inspector John Laing, PC Andrew MacLeman, Councillor Tracie McGee, Councillor John Caldwell, Gillian McLarnon, Sharon McLarnon.

APOLOGIES

Councillor Iain McMillan

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the meeting of 13th November 2007 had not been distributed by Renfrewshire Council – Andrew Wilson was asked to find out the reason.  Copies of the minutes were circulated by the Chair and time given for all to read.  Approval of the Minutes were proposed by Nick Walker and seconded by Grace Weir.

MATTERS ARISING
  • Community Council Storage – Councillor McMillan has been looking into this for the Community Council however nothing as yet has become available other than the vacant site at Carsewood.  It was agreed that the Chair would look into this issue and report back in due course.
  • Gillen Buses – Andrew Wilson is still pursuing the relevant body but is not getting any feedback.  It was agreed to put this issue on hold unless further issues arise.
  • Renfrewshire Council POD – (Mobile office) Renfrewshire Council have no plans for further locations of the existing POD or any new ones but will advise if this changes.
  • George Street Bins – This is with Councillor McMillan and to be carried forward to next meeting.
  • Dog Bin – Renfrewshire Council will replace in due course, budget constraints at the moment.
POLICE REPORT
  • November 2007
    • 5 acts of vandalism including windows smashed and to the rear of the church.
    • 4 break ins to works vans – this issue was noted last month and is throughout Renfrewshire.
    • Doorstep crime information has been circulated throughout the community however it is important that all issues need to be reported to the Police.
    • September statistics were still outstanding however it was agreed to leave this out of the agenda
  • Inspector John Laing, area Community Police Inspector – additional post due to public pressure throughout Scotland to see more police on the beat.
  • Looking to invite one member of the Community Council to visit the police call centre.
  • New shift pattern due to start in order to see more on the beat at peak times.
  • Alcohol fuelled violence – test purchases recently of sales to under aged youths.
  • New mobile CCTV vehicle in now available and will be made available throughout Renfrewshire as required.
  • Community wardens currently in operation in Kilbarchan and Lochwinnoch and there is a possibility of them coming into our area if required.
SCOTTISH EVENING

Andrew Wilson again reminded all of the event on 9th February 2008. The hall has been booked from 17:00 – 24:00 and both the Fiddle and Country Dancing group are booked.  Raffle prizes to be discussed at the next meeting.  Appeal for as many helpers as possible.  It was agreed to continue with the address to the haggis.

INFO-WEB  

It was noted that David McKie will be supplying an update report on a quarterly basis.  Newsletters have all been delivered.  There is a need to re-advertise the Energy Watch meeting and the location of the next Community Council meeting when new locations have been confirmed – will ensure local press are notified and local posters prepared.  It was agreed that meetings should be delayed by 10 minutes to allow people to go to the correct location.

HWW – new year walk 5 January 2008 13:00 leaving from triangle – route will be decided on the day and will be weather dependant.

PLANNING

Mike Smith gave full brief on the new house planned for the Midton Road site.  The design was to be in keeping with the rest of the village area.  Plans were circulated for all to see – Planning application would be going in early 2008.

COUNCILLORS ISSUES
  • No reply as yet from the Gas Board regarding the compound at Mayfield Drive.
  • Councillors in process of moving to their new premises.
  • Wind farm application refused.
CORRESPONDENCE
  • Post Watch  -  copies available from Andrew Wilson
  • Awards for all  -  completion form completed and accepted
  • Champion for Sustainability  -  Andrew Wilson to investigate
OTHER BUSINESS
  • Very successful light switching on evening.  Over 100 attended including many children.  Thanks to David Stewart and Johnstone Sliver Band.  Agree to donate 50 to the Band.  It was also agreed to ask Renfrewshire Council to look at lighting in the centre of the triangle.
  • Gaming licence (required for raffles).  Changes in legislation.  Agreed that Bill David and Robert Scarbrook be the two nominated people for the submission return.
  • Decentralisation  -  at the last Community Council Forum details were circulated.  Nick Walker was asked to summarise points to date and circulate to members.
  • Energy Efficiency Advice  -  Tuesday 15th January 2008 at a location to be advised.
  • Water leak at Station Road has been repaired but not the pavement area.
  • Water on Main Road just past the Church.  Councillor McGee to look into.
NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 8th January 2008 at 7.30 pm, please note meeting to be held in the Howwood Parish Church Hall (Andy Summers – Renfrewshire Council in attendance).

Thereafter, second Tuesday monthly – 12 February 2008, (Scott Allan RC Roads to attend). 11 March 2008, 8th April etc.

Contact Details
  • Aircraft Noise Telephone line
    :
    0141 848 4644 (answer machine)
  • Antisocial Behaviour Help Line
    :
    0800 169 1283
  • Dog Warden, Michelle Knox
    :
    0141 840 3164
  • Glasgow Wind Band, R & C Scarsbrook
    :
    01505 704083 [email protected]
  • Fly Tipping
    :
    0845 230 4090
  • Minicoach Tours
    :
  • Police
    :
    01505 404000
  • Renfrewshire Council
    :
  • R.C. Roads email address
    :
  • Roads & Lighting Faults
    :
    0141 842 4466 (M-F), 0141 889 2314
  • Scottish Water Contact
    :
    0141 355 5187
  • Secretary, Andrew Wilson
    :
    01505 702392 [email protected]
  • Village Web Site
    :
  • Youth Nuisance Help Line
    :
    01505 325030

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2007