No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003
Community Council Meeting Minutes 2006
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 9 MAY 2006
Nick Walker, Robert Scarsbrook, Andrew Wilson, Bill David, Norma David, Christine Scarsbrook, Jackie Mackenzie, Grace Weir, Linda Smith, David McKie.
PC Tom Callaghan, George McArdle, Jeanette McArdle, Sue Lawson, Sheila Loach.
The meeting was preceded by a visit and talk about Antisocial Behaviour from Keith Mays, ASIST. 37 villagers attended the talk.
MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The Minutes of the 11.04.2006 meeting were adopted – Proposed by Grace Weir and Seconded by Andrew Wilson
- Crime figures for April 2006
- Howwood – 11 crimes; 1 Telecommunications Act, 1 Firearms Act (detected), 3 vandalism, 2 theft motor vehicle, 1 attempted theft motor vehicle, 1 Poaching Act, 1 Housebreaking (detected) and 1 assault (detected).
- Points Raised
- Police are actively looking to address antisocial behaviour issues in the village.
- Police warned that there are car thieves targeting Vauxhall cars in the wider Renfrewshire area.
FETE – 17 June 2006
- Fete Working Group meeting dates were circulated - members to advise BD of availability.
- AW dealing with bar licence.
- Teams for bar and food duties organised.
- Contributors include mounted police, dog agility club, wildlife rescue, Bowfield Country Club.
- Football tournament is being progressed. LS advised that football governing body insist that no cup or prizes be awarded for this event. Refreshments to be organised for footballers.
- Dog agility will organise a fun pet show on Fete day.
- Bouncy Castle has been organised.
- Highland dancers to be confirmed.
- There will be a raffle again this year. Raffle prizes discussed. AW to approach Bowfield Country Club for a prize.
- Public Liability Insurance to be checked to ensure that it covers use of dog club equipment by pets.
- Stalls are being organised by AW and include – Howwood Curling Club, Play Group, possibly Brownies and Guides, Sports and Hobbies Group, Weight Watchers possibly and Wind Farm Protest Group.
- Some £260 sponsorship has been raised so far.
- Flyers and raffle tickets need to be printed soon.
- Fete Day volunteers are required. HCC members asked to recruit at least one helper each.
- Ice cream van has been organised.
- Cheque for £10 licence fee to be issued to Renfrewshire Council (RC).
- 2 people are required to administer the survey at the Fete.
- Affordable small sized drinks for younger children to be arranged.
- In the run up to the Fete two events have been organised - Glasgow Wind Band concert at Church of Scotland on Friday 9th June . Tickets and flyers being arranged. Tickets will cost £5.50 and £4.50 concession. The Church will offer tea/ coffee. Quiz Night at the Bowling Club Tuesday 13 June run by George McKay and mister music, Michael Quinn.
The Local Plan has now been officially adopted and is available from
Outline Planning Application To Build A Pet Crematorium.
HCC have raised objections re the outline planning application for a Pet Crematorium near Midton Wood.
Full Planning Application for Agricultural Workers House
HCC have raised concerns re planning application for large two-story house near Midton Wood.
Wind Farm Between Lochwinnoch and Kilbirnie – Ladymoor Development
Leaflets outlining information about Wind Farming have now been distributed to villagers. The leaflets contain a survey in an attempt to canvass public opinion on this matter. Copies of the leaflet may be obtained from Fred’s shop, Post Office or WWW.Howwood.com. Please leave written responses at Howwood PO or e-mail your comments to email@example.com.
Author of the leaflet was congratulated on the well-balanced content.
Awaiting price of lighting from RC Environmental Services.
RC Environmental Services will replace the dog bin within the park area.
Response from RC Planning to resident of Mayfield Drive, stated that RC Planning failed in their statutory duty to enforce scheme of maintenance of the site, which was drawn up on 18 Oct 1993. This matter will be discussed at next meeting.
SUSTRANS Access (Access to Cycle Track)
Letters to land owners have been dispatched.
- On Saturday 29 April 2006 the Triangle was opened followed by a well attended inaugural walk.
- Disappointment expressed at the vandalism to the seat in the Triangle.
- Derek Parker was thanked for his interesting commentary whilst leading the Blue Route walk.
A737 By Pass - Howwood Junction Safety Concerns
Information and results of the survey, which will be conducted at the Fete, will be sent to Trish Godman MSP.
Road Safety Leaflets
Delivery of Roads Safety leaflets - not yet received.
New Roads Matters
Closure of Bowfield Road beyond Bowfield Country Club – disappointment that once again CC was not notified of a road closure. Contact Trish Godman MSP on this matter.
Report of damaged pavement in Bowfield Road near entrance to Bowfield Way houses.
Burst sewer in Main Street has now been repaired.
Outstanding Roads Matters
It was noted that pavement along Midton Road was partially completed.
Road from Howwood to Spateston – no action.
Traffic congestion and traffic calming measures - no action.
INFORMATION / WEB
- During April 2006 there were 21,235 visits to the web site.
- Some items on the Notice Board were removed as content considered to be inappropriate.
- Wind Farm survey has been added to site.
- Walking maps have been added to site.
- Web site refresh and clean up will be considered by Web Working Group.
OTHER MATTERS ARISING
- Scottish Evening – Final costs for the evening to be confirmed.
- Village Hall and Kitchen – No update
- Community Planning Forum – date of meeting is Monday 15 May 2006 if anyone wishes to attend. DP will be asked if he can attend.
- School Path and resident’s complaint – Disappointment at the poor quality of workmanship of the fence was expressed.
- ASCC – Proposals considered. Chair will respond including comment that outcome of Scottish Executive (SE) consultation on Community Councils may impact proposal.
- Hon Douglas Alexander MP Surgery – AW reported back on recent surgery. Considered a positive and worthwhile meeting. Topics covered included A737 junction, SUSTRANS access, Wind Farm. HCC will write to the MP on concerns regarding status of Post Offices in rural areas.
- Glasgow Airport 40th Anniversary Grant – Howwood Wildlife & Woodlands have submitted an application for funding in respect of regeneration of village gap sites.
As per the Agenda
- RC CC Forum Minutes– Available from the Secretary.
- ASCC - Community of the year– AW will draft entry under environment / people category by next meeting
- SE Consultation on Ageing Scotland (due 05.06.2006)– Consultation paper will be emailed to members. Comments to Secretary as quickly as possible please.
- RCVS Newsletter– Available from the Secretary.
- RC Glasgow & Clyde Valley Structure Plan alternation – Available from the Secretary.
School Board – Howwood Primary
Members of School Board who are looking to co-opt a member of HCC to the School Board attended meeting. Grace Weir kindly volunteered to be co-opted.
Skiff Wood Area
Report of out of control dogs in the Skiff Woods area, which has been reported to Police. The matter should also be reported to the Dog Warden, Michelle Knox 0141 840 3164.
Next meeting date will be changed to Tuesday 6 June 2006 at either Howwood Village Hall or Church of Scotland Hall at 7:30 pm. Date / time to be confirmed by Secretary.
Thereafter second Tuesday monthly - 11 July, 8 August, 12 September, 10 October etc
Contact Details Raised At Meetings
- Police 01505 404000
- Fly Tipping 08452 30 40 90
- Antisocial Behaviour Help line 0800 169 1283
- Youth Nuisance Help line 01505 325030
- Renfrewshire Council 0141 842 5000
- Roads & Lighting Faults 0141 842 4466 (M – F) 0141 889 2314
- Dog Warden, Michelle Knox 0141 840 3164
- Secretary, Andrew Wilson 01505 702 392
- Village Web site www.howwood.com
- Responses to Wind Farm Survey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Howwood Walking Map July 2014
- Walking Guide July 2014 Image 1 Image 2
- Howwood Newsletter June 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - February 2014 Update From RT Hon Douglas Alexander MP
- Digital Scotland Sfast Broadband
- Howwood Wildlife and Woodlands Walks 2014/15
- Howwood Village Needs your Support Feb 2014
- Howwood War Memorial Feb 2014
- Better Broadband for Howwood Campaign - HCC Update
- Howwood Community Resilience Plan Registration Form Jan 2013
- Semple Trail
- Information On Elderly People
- Contact The Elderly Application Form
- SRANI 2010
- Howwood Route Guide
- The Howwood Village Survey Results