News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2005

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2005

PRESENT

Robert Scarsbrook, Christine Scarsbrook, Gordon Weir, Grace Weir, Rosee Macdonald, David McKie, Andrew Wilson, Bill David, Norma David, Ken Macdonald, Brian Young, David Bottomley, Louise McClements.

IN ATTENDANCE

Edith McGlynn, PC Graham Barclay.

APOLOGIES

Nick Walker, Linda Smith, Amish Amin, Betty McArthur.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the 11.01.2005 meeting were adopted – Proposed, Grace Weir and Seconded, Norma David.

Matters/actions arising

Reliable Buses – Letter has been received detailing dates and time of complaints regarding Reliable Buses. Secretary will pass letter on to Traffic Commissioner.

Letterhead / Logo – The Chair is still pursuing this matter.

Account Signatories – no progress on this matter.

Sports and Hobbies Cheque £160 cheque to Sports and Hobbies Group not yet handed over due to lack of 2nd signature. This is to be dealt with as a matter of urgency.

POLICE REPORT
  • Crime figures for December 2004
    • Figure were not available and will be presented at next meeting.
  • Crime figures for January 2005
    • 5 crimes with 1 detection - 1 House Breaking, 1 Attempted House Breaking, 1 Vandalism, 1 Road Traffic Offence (detected), 1 Theft.
  • Other Matters Arising
    • PC Barclay advised that a number of house / garden hut break ins have taken place in and around the area.
    • Member of the public reported an assault near the Railway Inn.
    • Police presence at Village Fete 2005 was requested. Secretary to write to Superintendent Dyer.
    • PC Barclay confirmed that speed monitoring had recently taken place in the village.
    • Use of mobile telephone by bus driver was mentioned. It was confirmed that the use of mobile telephone whilst driving was illegal no matter the type of vehicle.
SCOTTISH EVENING

The Scottish Evening for local senior citizens is to be held on 19th February 2005 at the Village Hall. Doors open at 6 PM with a start time of 6:30 PM. Cost will be 75p.

Update on progress

  • 53 tickets have been sold to date. Final number of tickets to be advised to RM by Friday 18 Feb.
  • Food has been ordered
  • Railway Inn to be asked if they will kindly supply the peeled potatoes. LMcC to check.
  • Volunteers requested – 9 AM to assist AW with catering. 11:30 to assist GW with Hall décor
  • Invitation accepted by the Rev. David Stewart and Father Joseph Balmer. Cllr Nimmo has regretfully declined.
  • Programme for the event will be finalised by 10 Feb.
  • Tartan rugs and bunting were requested by Grace Weir.

FETE 2005 SATURDAY 18 JUNE 2005

A progress report was given by Bill David

  • Equipment has been hired. Final invoice awaited.
  • Plan has been drafted
  • Awaiting confirmation of the Falconry Display
  • The school and the Village Hall have been booked

FETE 2005 Cont.
  • Band provisionally booked
  • Advertising will be one size this year – Business Card size.
  • Stall holder contact underway
  • Bowling Club has advised that they will be holding a quiz night during run up to Fete day and will be holding a bottle stall again this year at the Fete.
  • The next meeting of the working group will be Sunday 27 Feb 2005 at 9pm.
    Other Events And Dates Noted
  • Car Boot Sale. HWW asked HCC if there would be any objection to HWW holding a Car Boot Sale on 2 July at the Village Hall. No objections received.
  • Bowfield Hotel & Country Club – It was noted that Bowfield will be location for a 60th anniversary military event on 4/5 June. Expected high turn out of 1200 – 1500 visitors.
  • Bowfield Hotel & Country Club open day will be held on 31 July 2005.

ROADS
A737 junction at Howwood

Amey report on the A737 has now been received. The Secretary gave an outline summary of the report.

Midton Road

Temporary pothole repairs have been carried out.

Poor state of pavement on park side of Midton Road - Secretary will write to RC on this matter also highlighting the concerns regarding double parking on this pavement.

Other Roads Issues

Bowfield Road / Midton Road Junction no progress as yet. Write to Roads again on this matter.

Garthland Bridge pothole now repaired.

Double-parking / on pavement parking opposite the village shop
  • Letter of objection to the proposal for the introduction of single yellow line parking restrictions received by HCC.
  • Chair summarised the content of the letter and the matter was discussed.
  • Decision was deferred until a later meeting by majority vote (For 9 against 3).
  • Roads to be contacted to put on hold for the moment.
Road Marking from Spateston to Howwood

No reply on this matter.

Speed Limit Notices at Entrances to Village

Check if this has now been completed.

EVIRONMENT
Play Park ground works

Now completed.

Play park fence in disrepair

Safely concerns raised regarding the poor state of this fencing. Response still awaited.

Railway Inn site

It was reported that a clean up is now underway.

Don’t Rubbish Renfrewshire Campaign

Andrew Wilson now has posters. Intension is to display posters around the village. Howwood Inn and Railway Inn to be asked if they will support this initiative by displaying posters.

Rubbish

It was noted that rubbish accumulation was still a major issue in and around the village. HCC recommend that all instances of rubbish dumping be reported.

PLANNING

Plans received for proposed new filtration plant at the Water Works at top of Bowfield Road. No comments raised.

Nothing else of relevance to report.

WEB SITE & VILLAGE INFORMATION
Web site

Visits for January 2005 were 6306.

New style Notice Board now in place.

Fund raising from introduction of advertising banners was discussed. It was suggested that funds could be utilized to off set running costs. Concerns were raised regarding the commercial nature of such advertising. It was agreed to defer decision until a later meeting.

WEB SITE & VILLAGE INFORMATION Cont.
Web site Cont.
  • Broadband – BT upgrade to take place 16 March 2005. Line speed can only be assessed post upgrade.
News Letter
  • Distributed.
Kirk Information Centre
  • The Howwood Community Information centre was successfully launched on 1 February 2005.
  • 8 volunteers, working on a rota basis, have come forward. The opening times are Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 AM until noon.
  • A Sandwich board advertising the centre has been purchased at a cost of £72. HCC approved this expenditure. Proposed Robert Scarsbrook and seconded by Norma David.
  • Running costs in respect of Church are to be discussed with Craig Crawford.
  • Notices regarding the centre are to be placed in the Village Hall and the Church.
VILLAGE DESIGN PLAN INCLUDING SPRING CLEAN
Village Design Plan

An update on progress was provided by HWW

  • Funding applications have now been submitted.
  • Awards For All - £3590 in respect of Sign Posts, Way Markers and installation thereof.
  • Scottish Natural Heritage - £2368 in respect of Interpretation Board and brochures.
  • SERS - £36170 in respect of the Triangle, gates and footpath improvements.
  • Access Officer £3000 towards costs.

HWW submitted letter to HCC requesting £1000 as a contribution and to assist with administration costs.

  • Decision was to grant £500 immediately with a commitment for a further £500 being made available as and when required. Proposed by Brain Young and seconded by Norma David.
Village Spring Clean Up 19 and 20 March 2005

Skips booked

Note: time of clean up for Saturday 19 March will start at 10: 30 AM and not 10 AM as previously minuted.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
  • No report.
  • However it was noted that Cllr Nimmo has reluctantly had to discontinue the pensioner lunches.
CORRESPONDENCE

As per the Agenda

  • Community Plan, Community Support Group – AW attended and updated this meeting.
  • Housing Stock transfer proposal information meeting – Anyone interested can attend. Date 21 February 2005 at Paisley Town Hall at 7 PM.
  • Community Health Partnership consultation meeting – Anyone interested can attend. Date 25 February 2005 at 9:30 AM details from the Secretary.
  • Consultation paper on 2005 Service Plan – Chair summarised the content. Anyone interested can obtain copies from the Secretary.
  • Voluntary Services exposition at SECC – Anyone interested in attending please contact the Secretary.
MEMBERSHIP

Betty McArthur and Amish Amin were granted leave of absence last year. Betty’s course is now to continue longer than expected, possibly beyond July 2005. As a result Betty wishes to step down until elections are held later this year but will continue to support HCC wherever possible. HCC regretfully accepted Betty’s decision and expressed their thanks for her contribution and continued support. The Chair will write to Betty.

Amish Amin expects to complete his work commitments by March 2005 and wishes to continue as a member.

David Bottomley had been approach by the Chair regarding non-attendance. Non-attendance was due to work commitments. David wishes to continue as a member if there are no objections and will review his position later this year. No objections were raised.

A.O.C.B.

None

NEXT MEETING

TUESDAY 8 MARCH 2005 - 7.30 pm, Howwood Village Hall.

Then: Tuesday 12th April 2005, 10th May 2005, 14th June 2005, 12 July 2005, 9 August 2005 etc.

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2005