News

LATEST NEWS

Search

SEARCH

Google

Web www.howwood.com

VISITORS

No of Visits to this site since 1st January 2003

Community Council Meeting Minutes 2005

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 12 JULY 2005

PRESENT

Robert Scarsbrook, Gordon Weir, Grace Weir, Andrew Wilson, Norma David, Craig Crawford, Christine Scarsbrook, David Bottomley, Rosee Macdonald.

IN ATTENDANCE

None.

APOLOGIES

Bill David, Louise McClements, Nick Walker, Ken Macdonald, Linda Smith.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The Minutes of the 14.06.2005 meeting were adopted – Proposed, Grace Weir and Seconded, Craig Crawford.

Matters/actions arising

Previous Minutes – Planning item for Howwood Inn the second bullet point “No formal planning application..” should be removed.

ASCC Community of the Year – HWW have submitted an entry under the Environment category. Inclusion of the entry for Web site by David McKie to be confirmed by Secretary.

School Path and resident’s complaint – Response received from RC Environmental Services advising that matter is with RC Legal Services. Secretary to contact Alex Hewetson to expedite this matter.

Amenity Housing – Reply received from RC in response to HCC letter.

  • RC agrees that there is a shortfall of low cost housing in Howwood.
  • RC research study on low cost housing is due to conclude in Autumn 2005 and RC will ensure that HCC comments are taken into consideration in the study.
  • RC have no plans for housing in the Howwood area which would be suitable for older people.
  • HCC will respond stating the need for housing, as contained in the Village Design Plan, for older people in the village. Reply to stress HCC are not advocating mass new housing developments but only to ensure that should new developments be planned then these should include low cost housing and housing suitable for older people. The response also to request if RC have any plans for adapting existing housing stock into smaller units.

CC Forum 20 . 06.05 – Chairman attended. Main topic was forthcoming Community Council elections per Agenda item 6.

POLICE REPORT

No report

FETE 2005 SATURDAY 18 JUNE 2005

An interim report was received from Bill David

  • Full report will be given at next meeting.
  • The fete was very well attended this year and declared a success.
  • Dance was no so well attended.
  • Estimated £850 net for the day which is lower than last year but this was attributed to higher than normal costs.
  • Profit from the Dance bar was £316, which was split, will Rainbows/ Brownies. Cheque for £160 has been made to Rainbows / Brownies.
  • Thanks expressed for the excellent contribution made by Rainbows/ Brownie leaders who helped during the Fete and Dance.
  • The Police were also thanked for their attendance and interaction during the day.
  • Thank you to all villagers for their continued support and to HCC members for their hard work

    .
ROADS
Diversion Lochwinnoch

The diversions have been postponed until September 2005 due to level of complaints received by RC.

Yellow Lines Station Road / Triangle

Letters received from RC Roads and Councillor Nimmo giving outline of alternative solution. A system of hatch markings and keep clear areas is being suggested. Further details are to be provided by Roads.

PLANNING
Consultation On Revision Of Planning Laws
  • HCC to review and respond. Closing date is 16 September 2005.
  • Refer to “Modernising the planning system” on www.scotland.gov.uk
  • Comments to be ready for next HCC meeting.
Applications
  • Conversion of old Mill to house at Ellliston. No material objections.
  • Full application for 10 houses at Carsewood site. No material objections. Comments will be made on subject of affordable housing and road safety concerns.
  • Additional Sand filtration building at Water Works. No material objections.
ENVIRONMENT
Access Strategy Update Booklet

Booklet available from Secretary or Johnstone Library. Objections may only be made on changes to the original strategy.

Vandalism

Instance of spray painting at park was reported.

NEWSLETTER/ INFORMATION /WEB
Web

No update

Broadband

Anyone who has Broadband in the village and who is experiencing problems please advise HCC Chairman via Howwood.com web site.

Newsletter
  • Newsletter is due for issue around mid August.
  • Details of Community Council elections will be outlined in the newsletter.
  • Items for inclusion should be sent to Secretary as soon as possible. Chris Scarsbrook will assist with publication.
COMMUNITY COUNCIL ELECTIONS
  • Details of elections will be advertised by RC.
  • Should more than 21 nominations be received for community council membership then elections will be held on one day in September / October 2005 during a three hour period.
  • Election details will be issued by RC.
  • All existing HCC members will receive a nomination form by post.
  • Additional forms may be obtained from the Secretary or RC.
  • Anyone can nominate any one person and second another.
  • Closing dates for nominations is 22 September 2005.
  • All nominations must be in the hands of Alex Hewetson by 22 September 2005<
  • Secretary to confirm if HCC collate nominations or if these are to be posted directly to Alex Hewetson.
  • HCC AGM date may have to be moved if this coincides with date for election, should election be required.
  • Notices regarding elections will be placed on Village Notice Board and on Howwood.com
COUNCILLOR’S REPORT

No report.

CORRESPONDENCE

As per the Agenda

  • Community Planning Forum papers (11.7.05) – Due to short notice for this meeting no one could attend. Copy of Village Design Plan was sent to the Forum. Output from Forum – nothing of relevance to report.
  • Boundaries’ Commission – Review of Electoral arrangements.
    • Provisional proposals can be viewed on www.lgbc-scotland.gov.uk and at public libraries and Council offices in Renfrewshire.
    • Closing date 29 September 2005
    • Basically proposal is for Renfrewshire to become 11 ‘super wards’ with 3 – 4 members elected by STV.
    • Number of Councillors will remain as 40. Howwood would be joined with Elderslie and parts of Johnstone. Comments required by September meeting.

  • Police Annual Report – Copy available from the Secretary.
  • ASCC Membership Renewal – Renewal premium cheque to be issued.
  • Guides – Request for financial support of 2006 London visit. Guides are fund raising for this event, expected to cost £3000. HCC to consider donation request at next meeting.
  • Letter from Ken Macdonald – Notification of resignation by Treasurer will immediate effect. Ken expressed regret at having to offer resignation but felt that work and home commitments meant that he had insufficient time to carry out Treasurer duties. Ken was thanked for his contribution to HCC over many years and offices. HCC will request Ken to continue duties up to end of financial year/ elections to ease hand over to a new Treasurer. HCC members are asked to advise Secretary as soon as possible if they are willing to take over Treasurer duties.
A.O.C.B.
Village Hall

The poor external condition of the Village Hall was noted. Secretary to ask RC what maintenance plans RC have for remediation.

Youth Nuisance

Report of verbal abuse on villagers by youths. Also reports of throwing of objects at houses and upon passing cars. Reminder that all such instances must be reported to police.

HCC Financial Accounts to 30 August 2005

Reminder that when accounts are being drafted for end of financial year they should include provision for funds already committed to and not yet drawn down. E.g. HWW £500, Pensioners £100, Guides funding for London 2006 Treasurer to confirm full extent of commitments.

NEXT MEETING

TUESDAY 9 AUGUST 2005, 7:30 pm HOWWOOD VILLAGE HALL.

Then: 13 September 2005, AGM 4 October 2005 (subject to change), 8 November 2005 (provisional) 13 December 2005 (provisional).

NB Community Council election September 2005.

<< Back to Community Council Meeting Minutes 2005